County Convention 2019
Cleveland County Democratic Party
March 23, 2019
Cleveland County Office Building Auditorium, 130 South Post Road, Shelby
We look forward to having you with us! Our annual convention is open to the precinct delegates as well as any registered Democrat in Cleveland County. We do not charge an admission fee.
Activities begin at 9:00 a.m. with registration and fellowship. This is an opportunity for Democrats to meet and greet, enjoy refreshments, and participate in pre-convention activities, including our silent auction.
The convention begins at 10:00 a.m. See the agenda below.
We are pleased to welcome Mr. Marti Mongiello of Grover as the keynote speaker for our convention. Mr. Mongiello is a retired United States Navy serviceman and Camp David and White House chef.
Click here for an article in Piedmont Now Magazine to learn more about our speaker.
▪ Welcome, Call to Order, and Adoption of Agenda
▪ Invocation and Tribute to our Country
▪ Introduction of Party Officers and Acknowledgement of District and State Leadership
▪ Convention Overview
▪ Roll Call of Precincts and Recognition of Sustaining Funds
▪ Approval of Minutes, Cleveland County Democratic Party Convention 2018
▪ Treasurer’s Report
▪ Introduction of Keynote Speaker
▪ Keynote Speaker – Mr. Marti Mongiello of Grover
Retired United States Navy serviceman and Camp David and White House chef
▪ Live Auction benefiting the Democratic Women of Cleveland County
▪ Presentation of Resolutions
▪ Recognition of Elected Officials, 2018 Democratic Candidates, and Special Guests
▪ Elections – Election of delegates to 10th Congressional District Convention
Election of two members to 10th Congressional District Executive Committee
Election of four members to the N.C. Democratic Party State Executive Committee
Election of Cleveland County Democratic Party Officers, 2019-2021
▪ Announcements and Closing Remarks